No one is unique or alone.

My name is Lisa and I am an addict.  I have been using StumbleUpon for a few years now and my addiction has not subsided.  I blame boredom, extreme curiosity, and my unending search for creativity.  In my stumbling, I have come across several blogs.  The most recent being about Derek K. Miller.  He began his website in 1997; it became penmachine in 2000.  In 2007 he found out he had cancer and was gone in May 2011.  This just struck me tonight for some reason.  It is just so fantastic that you can read through someone's life like this.  Anywhere you go on the internet, at any time, you can run into someone you never knew that is going through the same thing as you.  No, I do not have cancer (as far as I know) but there are people out there that do that will come across Derek's blog.  Reading it may bring peace to them.  It might help them even if just a tiny bit.  Humans love to know they are not alone in bad times.

The only bad part about the internet is that no one is unique.  There are so many people just like you out there.  Sometimes that is annoying and bad but other times it is really alright.  We like to be able to relate to others.  Blogging has made that more possible than ever.  NO ONE is alone in the internet.  There will always and forever be a place you belong.  Sometimes, you just need to stumble upon that place.

No comments:

Post a Comment