YOT 71 - Flea-be-gone!

I was at the end of my rope.  Seriously, something has to stop these fleas!  We have had them for months now, ever since we dog-sat for someone.  It's been horrible.  *insert pitiful sad face here*  No,really, it has.  there is flea dirt everywhere.  The dog is itching constantly.  It is embarassing when she goes to the vet and they have to clean up after her because she leaves flea dirt all over.  Nothing helps.  Literally, nothing I have tried has fixed it.  The Adams spray helps for a few days but then they come back - this sucks because every other year if we get fleas, I spray her with that and they are gone for good.

So, here I was on amazon.com (again).  I searched flea remedy for dogs and sorted by highest rated.  I bought the first one that was on the list immediately.

This is a one-day pill (although, I have had it lasting a few days) but they have a once-a-month pill that I got at the same time and she took that once the first night.  That one just takes a while to kill them because it only makes the adults sterile but does not kill them.  The one-day pill kills them.  So, together, they are a force to win them all!

Little City Dogs
Flea Killer Capsules for Cats and Small Dogs

I cannot say enough how great this stuff is!  Here is my review that I posted on Amazon.com:

To be completely honest, I was hesitant at first.  As much as I hate it, I am drawn to the colorful, flashy products even though I know that does not automatically make them better.  It's like when you are flipping through the channels and scroll past the old 70's style movie because the picture isn't as high quality as today's movies...that is not to say it is a bad movie or even worse; it just gives that first impression aura.  Again, honesty here, I tried it because it got amazing reviews and the price was outrageously low so I figured I had very little to lose.

Apparently, what I had to lose was fleas.   This little super tiny pill works wonders.  The night you get it you open what looks like a pill box for infants and stare at those minuscule capsules wondering how that is going to do any good.   After surrounding it, easily, in shredded cheese and giving it to the dog, you notice how easily it disappears.  Maybe it is because it is smaller than the shreds of cheese and goes unnoticed, maybe it is because it is beef flavored (although I did not taste-test it); it really doesn't matter because it is gone and you think nothing will happen anyway.

In the morning, you awaken to something different.  Unaware of what has changed, you shower, get ready for work, and notice the dog sitting on the bed waiting...just sitting there...BAM! It hits you like a beer bottle in a bar fight; she is just sitting there and not itching!  Not once - not even a flinch.  Ok, it is just a fluke, you think.  Luckily she is white (your dog color may differ than the one in this review and it is no reflection of the product.  In all fairness, my dog was white before the pills as well) so you can easily see her skin.  Not a single flea.  Nowhere.

You do a little embarrassing dance while the dog stares in confusion and scream to the world, "BEST FLEA STUFF EVER!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment