YOT 70 - SMG makes me SMH

Here is my letter to Studio Movie Grill on my experience tonight :-)

Hello SMG!
I have gone to your Arlington location several times and have never had a complaint.  Tonight, however, we went to the Dallas / Spring Valley location and my experience changed.  

Upon entering the location, we were so impressed!  It was beautiful and clean; it was so open and welcoming.  The service at the bar was great and there were even people passing out popcorn and a dessert (I didn't get offered any but it looked delicious!).  I even said to my husband while sitting at the bar, "well, my movie-going experience tonight it really amazing!". It was unlike the Arlington location that we normally visit.  

We were going to Theater 2 for Iron Man!  We got into the theater itself and it too was spotlessly clean.  It even smelled new!  Then we got to our seats.  The "tables" at our seats were the smallest I have seen in a dine-in theater.  They reminded me of the old desks we used to have in school.  Remember those; the ones where the desk was attached to the chair?  Yeah, those were bigger.  

The "table" swings out and to the right to sort of allow you to enter your seat.  There is still a bit of squeezing and jimmying to get between the back of the seat in front of yours and the "table" but you can do it!   So, I did.  After looking at the menu, which is great as always, our server came pretty quickly and was friendly.  In the 20 minutes it took to get our drinks, my elbow, hand, and menu hit the service call button three times accidentally.  The "table" is so small and the button is right where anyone's arm will hit it when naturally leaning on it.  I felt so because each time it happened, a server had to come over.  Ugh, how embarrassing.  After the third time I just had to sit with my hands tucked in behind the "table" like a little kid in trouble.  It was the only way to avoid the button. 

So, after the 20 minutes passed and we go our drinks, it immediately started sliding down towards me.  Now, here is where my predicament happened.  Do I hold the drink and risk pushing the button or keep my arm down and risk the drink sliding.   What to do - what to do...  I stole my husband's napkin and that seemed to hold the drink in place a bit better so  problem solved.   About 30 - 40 minutes after that, we got our food. The food was the same as the other location, it was just as good as normal.  Albeit, sliding down my "table" towards me.    The theater was packed so we were not upset or surprised about the length of time the drinks or food took.  It was completely understandable.

Finally, the awesome movie ended and we were happy - even temporarily forgetting (and forgiving) the "table" issues.  Wait - they are handing out mints right outside the theater - awesome!  Maybe I was too hard on you, SMG, and maybe I should give you another chance after all.   Happily, I chew on my mint when I realize all that Pepsi really gets to a girl so off to the restroom I go.

To be honest,  I have been in New York City subway station restrooms that were cleaner than this one.  In their defense  there may have been someone living there though.  I will give it one thing, it was huge!   There were so many stalls in there and that is impressive.   Upon entering the row of stalls, I see a girl going from one to another.  Immediately, I assume she is looking for one with toilet paper.  Sure enough, it took me 10 seconds to deduce how this nice restroom was funded;  they save money by only supplying 1/3 of the stalls with toilet paper.   All of them had dispensers for two rolls but 2/3 of the stalls were completely empty.  Luckily, a girl was leaving as I passed and I was one of the lucky few to get a complete stall! Whew!  As I was, erm, doing my thing, I overheard several discussions about needing paper.  The women in that restroom bonded over sharing toilet paper.  

On my way out, I did speak to two girls at the front ticket counter area.  One of them was very polite about it.  I very nicely stated exactly this, "Hi.  I just want to let you know that the restrooms are ..." Yes, I know that is not a complete sentence but that is all I got out before the non-so-polite girl answered me with, "ok, thank you.  So, thinking she just may have not heard me, I proceeded to complete my statement while rephrasing it a bit.  "They are pretty messy and..."  Damn, foiled again by not-so-polite girl with her "ok, thank you".  I began a little mini rant to see if I could actually get my point across to her and count how many interruptions I received.  I had only three sentences to get out but she said "Ok, thank you" six times.  At the end, when i think we are all done she threw me for a loop when the last interruption was...no, not "ok thank you" but "ok, I will let the manager know". I like to think I won that little battle but I am not so sure.  

Anyway,  this has been my story on the experience tonight with a new location of your theater system.  I do hope you have a wonderful night and thank you for listening.    Keep up the great work in the bar area of this location - it was stellar!  Just maybe extend that experience to the rest. 

Regards,
Me

*** Not in the letter:  Tonight, I am thankful for finding stalls with toilet paper because egads! It sucks when you don't have any - especially if there is no one next to you.  I hope I am not alone here, but I have done the" pants close to all the way up but not touching the important (wet) parts  hope no one comes in and sees fast run/waddle to the next stall to find toilet paper" fiasco.  

No comments:

Post a Comment