Plans - not resolutions - for 2014

I am not big on resolutions.  One simply cannot make absolute resolutions for an entire year; it is not realistic to me and leaves so much room for failure.   I can, however, make plans.  I intend to do these things but they are not strict, firm decisions.  Things change, things fall apart, plans change.  If you make a resolution and it is not followed through upon, due to any number of reasons, you have failed.  If you make a plan and the situation changes, your plan can change.  Resolutions are too steadfast for me.  My life, and my mind, is ever-changing.  These are not "new year - new me" items,  They are things I have needed to do anyway and writing it down always helps.

I do have many plans for 2014 though! These are in NO order and this probably will not be a complete list.  It may be a long one, feel free to read in shifts. 

1.  I plan on finishing my Year of Thanks.  Yeah, it is a bit late but I am still thankful for things.  Last December really got to me and I put a lot of things off.  This year, though, I am going to get my focus back in line and get things done.  The Year of Thanks is on that list.  I only competed 73 out of 365 so I have a bit of making up to do.

2.  I plan on moving to a new house.  I REALLY want this to happen.  At first, it is up to us and in our hands.  We need to finish painting and getting the house in order to get it listed but the PLAN is to have it on the market in January.  We found an agent we love and are so excited to work with her.  After we list the house though, it is a bit out of our control.  We then just need someone to love our house...all we need is ONE.  Fingers crossed!    Then we need to find a new house.  That's tough too as I can be picky.  I know, right? SHOCKER!! I want a pool, a fireplace, and enough space to have, well, space to play and live but I also want it under a certain price.  We may need to stay in an apartment for a bit until we find the perfect place but that's ok too - at least in an apartment I will have a pool!

3.  I plan on giving order to Lars' artwork.  He has been making art in school since he started daycare and I have done several things with all of it but have never been consistent.  Starting in 2014, I will scan every piece of it (that is not "scribble scrabble" as he calls it) and upload it into a photo book using Snapfish or one of the other photo book making places.  Whichever one has the best deal going on.  My intent is todo this yearly or by class (depending on when he moves classes/grades in school).  He begins a new class in January so that is an idea time to begin!  Going though his older stuff, I will do the same to it although it may not be in the correct order/class but ten years from now, who will know the difference anyway?

4.  I plan on taking one photograph a day.  It may not be of anything special, or even anything specific but I am going to try to take one picture a day to capture our lives, our actions, our emotions, everything.  One day it might be a family photo at LegoLand.  Another it may be a cool statue we saw on a walk down the street.  Who knows!?!  It is exciting! Oh, and at the end of the year, I will make all of these into a photo book as well.  Come on Snapfish - you've got a lot of business coming up - how about a good deal??

5.  I plan on doing Christmas shopping all year long.  If I see something I like for someone, I am going to buy it even if that is in January.  In fact, I created Amazon wish lists for all of my friends and family so that I can keep track of things I think they will like.  Alicia Gunnip and Mindy Smith (although, I named your Nash so I don't have to change it later plus by the time you get any gifts, you will be Nash anyway) already have gift ideas in there.  P.S. I made them all private so no one can see what I have in there.  BAM!  Don't go snooping.  P.P.S  You guys should alk use Amazon Wish Lists more - you can put EVERYTHING on there even if you find it on another site and Amazon doesn't sell it.  I know! That's awesome!  You can have everything you want on the internet in one list so that everyone can see it all.

6.  I plan on eating healthier, walking more, and swimming.  Period.  No weight loss goals.  No promises to exercise four times a week.  No false pretenses that I will eat under 1,500 calories a day. I just plan on eating healthier.  At first, that may simply mean I don't eat cookies for a week.  It is a small step and it means that I will be eating healthier than I would normally...so it's a WIN!  My Fitbit will get more use as well.  I keep forgetting about it when I take it off to charge it.  I don't know when the eating healthier thing will start because as I type this I am seriously craving some chocolate brownies.

7.  I plan on not ever giving up chocolate brownies.

8.  I plan on doing more for others.  Charity!  In fact,  I started a group - we have called ourselves WHO Cares (Women Helping Others). **Update:  There already IS a charity named W.H.O (Women Helping Others) - they took our name so we will be thinking of a new name.  It was either that or "Super Exclusive Charity Club"...exactly.  Our goal for this year is just to do monthly events for charity.  We are not sure what those events will be yet but we know we will do something - for others.  Our big goal is to have a fancypants ball at the end of the year or the start of the next.  If that doesn't happen, at least we will have done a bunch of other things throughout the year.

9.  We are still planning on Haagen 3.0 coming this year!  We had our one-on-one with the case manager over at Jonathan's Place and think it went well.  We are psyched about this and cannot wait!!  Classes start in January.  So, not much to report on until then but we will keep you posted.

10. I plan on more time with friends.  Moving to Arlington this year will help with that but even if that takes longer than expected, we plan on making more time with friends.  Movie and game nights, ice cream nights, drive-ins, LegoLand days, whatever.

11.  I plan on not procrastinating as much.  Far too often, I find myself putting things off in favor of doing something more ...well, lazy usually.  Most of the time, it is something that will only take a few minutes out of my time but I put it off and spend the time between that and actually doing it, worrying about it and thinking, "wow, this would have been easier if I had just done it".  So, maybe I should just do it from now on.

12.  I plan on writing more.  Still, I have no idea what to write but something will come out.  Most likely, most of it will be crap but it is still possible something good will come out of it.  Right?  Man, I hope so.  

No comments:

Post a Comment