YOT 66 - My one and only but not my only one

To piggyback on my YOT number 65, I bring you number 66.

Every time I meet someone that is still with their first and only love, I am amazed.  I am amazed, confused, awed, and concerned.

 I mean I hate to buy a mattress because it is a 10 year commitment.  As someone that likes to weigh my options with everything, it is dumbfounding to me that people go on their first date EVER and never date anyone else again.  Saying I like to weigh my options is not to say that I am not spontaneous or I take my time with decisions. Oh, quite the contrary.  I tend to jump into things quickly and make many snap decisions.  However, once I make a choice, I IMMEDIATELY want to know what the other option is like.  I am this way with everything from the brand of toothpaste I use to the genre of movies I see.  While my favorite toothpaste may be Crest, I am absolutely not going to just stick with that for the rest of my life without seeing what the other guys have to offer.  What if Aquafresh is better than it looks?  I mean, look at those stripes, those colors; Crest cannot think I don't look at others, right?

Now though, after having tried Aquafresh, I am sure that it is not the right one for me.  I know I like the way it looks but the way it just is not the same as Crest.  Colgate, though, Colgate is pretty close but still not just right.

See where I am going with this?  I don't know how you can know what is right for YOU if you don't know what is wrong.

So, I am thankful that I have exes.  I am thankful that all those guys thought I was right for them at the time even if I wasn't - yet another lesson learned:  It is not just that others are wrong for me, but I am also wrong for others.  I am thankful that by going through all of the things that were wrong for me, I found the one that has everything right.

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend named "Frank" and he is on those people.

    He has only dated i think 4 people total. And I mean 4 people since Jr high to his current wife whom he met in high school. Based on the law of averages I said out loud that his relationship would crash and burn. And I had actual numbers to back my theory.

    I think he hated me for the longest time. And that was okay. I had the same reservations about him and his beloved. How do you know? Has always been my question to him. If you have never tried anything different how do you know that is the person for you....

    And true to his word he has always stated that she has always been the one for him, I don't know her well. So I will not speak on her behalf.

    He has always been pretty adamant that this was it for him.... I thought he was an idiot, that would have a serious melt down when she left him.... But he stood firm.

    They are about to have their first child in June.....

    I have never been so proud to have been so incredibly wrong. So here is to Frank for keeping the faith and doing what few of us can do/ have done....

    Hopefully the restless souls can find someone out there.... Like Fievel :}

    ReplyDelete