YOT 67 - Garlic, yeah, I said garlic

If you keep reading through the next post, you will see I have been cooking.  Tonight, it was prepping for tomorrow's dinner when I realized what this YOT would be.

Tomorrow, we are having garlic chicken.  This is a new recipe that can be cooked in the slow cooker (yippee!).  It always amazes me the prep work that goes into slow cooker recipes.  I mean, I thought that this was supposed to be so much simpler; apparently the actual COOKING is easier but the prep is the same most of the time.

Things were going along just fine; chicken went into the pot, wine and broth covered it.  Next up, garlic.  It's garlic, how hard can that be?  Great Scott, it sucks!  Three heads of garlic, separated into cloves and peeled.  Peeling each clove is a lot of work! There are a lot of cloves in three heads of garlic.

Tonight, this small YOT, I am thankful for the jars of minced garlic!  Oh yes, yes I am.  Next time, I will read the recipe thoroughly and just substitute cloves of garlic for pre-done minced stuff that some amazing people did for me.

My hands stink (yeah, I will put lemon juice on them), by back hurts from standing up that whole time (yeah, I should have been sitting), the counter was a mess because that garlic peel goes everywhere.

This chicken better be damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment